Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dear HIV,

Hi Everyone. In response to Justin B. Terry-Smith's "Write a Letter to HIV" campaign, I have uploaded a YouTube video.


I would like to encourage everyone who is living with HIV to find the courage to support this campaign. This letter was another healing step as I continue to grow and live with dignity.


(For those of you who want to read rather than listen, see the text letter below.)


Dear HIV,

After living together for more than a decade, I thought now would be a better time more than any to take the moment to check-in, become vulnerable and tell you what’s really on my mind.

There are more days than some that others think you are a weapon I carry in my pants. There are more days than some that others think because we ‘hang-out’ we should not be allowed to live with dignity. There are more days than some that people think I am less human because we have such a deep blond bond.  It’s on these days that I wish I could wave my magic wand to get you out of my life.

I won’t lie, living with you sucks. Taking all these medications; the frequent, unexpected marathons to pay homage to the porcelain god and the always necessary appointments to the doctors to make sure your fight to beat me up inside remains invisible has added more emotional worry to my mind and soul than I would have ever have liked to invite into my life.

I am not sure what you were thinking when you told me “I love you” so ever quietly in my ear. That whisper of romance while embraced in a bubbly stupor sounded so amazing and so real. Your passion was irresistible and blinded me to reject your invitation to bring you into my life. Accepting your invitation was the worst mistake I have ever made.

Now that I have no choice but to live with you, I want you to know that I have the choice to choose life with dignity even with you at my side. I want to remind you that I am HUMAN and that you, VIRUS won’t defy my IMMUNE SYSTEM any longer.

I have finally broken free of your dark magic spell which made me feel worthless for many years, tricking me into thinking I am going to die! Well no more dark magic will be conjured upon my soul. Today my dreams are filled with hope. I live today as if you never came into my life a decade ago. Go ahead and follow me everywhere I go, just know you won’t control me anymore. LIVING trumps you, HIV! LIVING DOESN’T SUCK ANYMORE!

With life,
Daniel

I am Daniel, and I am living pozitively. Thank you for following my blog.

p.s. consider following me on Twitter or adding me as a friend on Facebook.

1 comment:

Thank you for following my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.